The race will begin with a staggered start at 9h00 on 16 February 2013
NO GLASS CONTAINERS ARE PERMITTED ON THE RIVER OR PREMISES AT THE START. THERE SHALL BE A RAFT CHECK DONE AT THE START FOR GLASS CONTAINERS, THESE WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE RAFT BY THE MARSHALS .
GENERAL INFORMATION AND RULES
1. The date of the race is subject to the condition of the river on that day.
2. The race starts at the NPC Cimpor Property mines by Idwala and ends at the Kulu Crete Factory.
3. The course is approximately 10 km’s in length.
4. The start and the finish may be changed at the discretion of the organizers.
5. Captains are advised to check in with the organizers before the event.
6. NO DRINKING AND /OR LITTERING will be permitted at the start of the race. The start is on an active mine and no open alcohol is
7. Each raft must have a minimum of two crew members or maximum of 9 crew members (all of whom must be of the age of 17
years or older ON THE DAY OF THE RACE – an ID may be requested if age is in question)
8. All crew members will wear life jackets and shoes.
9. No assistance may be received from an outside source during the race.
10. The organizers of the race have a LICENCED CASH BAR at the end site of the race therefore bringing alcohol onto the end site
is prohibited by law.
11. All participant will receive arm bands, Captains are to hand in their arm bands at the finish of the race for timing purposes as well as
to receive their food vouchers for their teams.
RAFTS MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING
1. float on air inflated tubes in their natural state, not encased by any means, no rigid structures (PVC, stell aluminium, wood etc)
2. no protrusions may extend from any sides of the tubes.
3. any raft considered dangerous by the marshals will be disqualified and will not be allowed on the river/or be disqualified from prizes.
4. have a minimum of two or a maximum of 9 crew members per raft.
5. be propelled by a single ended paddle (no oars) per person tied to the raft. No other type of propulsion will be permitted.
6. have a entry number on the side of the raft which must be clearly visible from all sides for safety purposes.
7. no cargo netting, shade cloth or covering of any sorts will be permitted on the rafts, as this creates a safety risk.
For more information, contact details or to download an entry form please visit their website